Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Invitation!

This is the beginning of my Peace Corps blog, as I have just received my big blue packet! My assignment is:

Country: Senegal
Program: Agriculture
Job Title: Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture Extension Agent
Staging Dates: 8/30-8/31/2011

After quickly glancing through all the paperwork and program description, I immediately sent off my acceptance. The best part about my invitation: URBAN! I may have more modern conveniences than I could have ever hoped for with a nomination for agriculture. I'm too overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I have to read through, so I will post more about my application process later.

Quick note on the title of the blog: it's a Senegalese proverb which reflects my attitude about life right now. Do and see as much as possible while I still can.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, is that what the proverb means? I thought you just liked eating...

    ReplyDelete